If there’s one thing we have in the cupboard, it’s pasta! Sometimes there’s even a portion left in the fridge. So pasta with butter is nice, but it lacks a little something, right? Here (and in the app) are 5 ways to cook a pesto that is healthy, seasonal, economical and with a touch of gastronomy!
You have an unsuspected resource in your fridge and cupboards for making pesto. Discover the five ingredients that will allow you to make a delicious sauce. As always, you can customise the recipe in the app, but you can also find it at the bottom of the article!
- Wash your vegetables or tops thoroughly.
- In the bowl of a blender, combine them with 6 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 chopped garlic clove and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of your choice of almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts or crushed walnuts, sunflower seeds or tahini.
- With 1 tablespoon of the cheese of your choice.
- Then add whatever you have in your kitchen: 1 tablespoon of basil leaves or 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves or 1 tablespoon of parsley leaves, 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder and 2 turns of pepper mill.
- Blend everything into a consistent purée.
- Add a little olive oil if you want to lighten the pesto.
- Place in a bowl and chill until ready to eat.
Do not add salt if you are using cheese.